CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 11, 2013

Conferences and Math

 

 

 
 This week we have been busy preparing for conferences!  Here are a few projects that we have been working on!
 


 
 
 
 
The pumpkins sight words are from Abby's Spelling for All Seasons Part One.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
In class we have also been very busy using our ten frames and our new rekenreks!  I found these awesome magnetic ten frames from AEI Education.  They are working perfect for our Number Talks and daily math lessons.  We continue to work on our doubles.
 

 
I found this wonderful how to post from the Math Coach's Corner on making these  My daughter spent an evening putting these together.  They are working out great in the classroom!
 

 
Our focus in comprehension has been SCHEMA!  We used the idea from Tammy McGregor's Comprehension Connections book           to use the lint roller!  This printable and idea came from Crisscross Applesauce.  Each child wrote about their schema about school on a sheet like the one below.
 
Then, in their Reader Response notebook, they chose a topic to write about their schema.  The child below wrote about her schema on gymnastics.

 
We have been busy learning many of our word chunks!  Hello Literacy has another set as well.  I pull from both sets.  Heidisongs' Sounds Fun Phonics DVD and cards are a great addition to our day!  The children love her videos!
 
 
 
 

1 comments:

Team Building Blog

Hello---I love those hand-print trees ("palm" trees!) in the first photo. Such a great idea! I wonder how else you could incorporate that into classroom artwork.

I actually run the blog at Team Building Activities for Kids Central. com, and was wondering if you would like me to write a guest post for you---maybe about how teamwork affects class participation, or about team artwork projects, or something else (any requests?). I figure it might be a good fit for your readers.

If that sounds like a good idea, please let me know (you can reach me at matt@teambuildingactivitiesforkidscentral.com).

And, thank you for the idea about the palm paintings!